For which affections is the Yumeiho therapy recommended?
Listing a set of affections that can be ameliorated through massage, osteoarticular manipulations, elongations, acupressure, gymnastics, all the techniques and procedures included in Yumeiho therapy – as is customary in other fields of physiotherapy – appears to be an easy task. Yet, it is hard to do it and, paradoxically, futile and absurd.
Why? Because the therapeutical applications of Yumeiho are innumerable. Any attempt of classification risks being exposed to criticism, due to hazard and unintentional omissions. We collected some these indications in order to diminish the lack of knowledge, but the list is not exhaustive:
- Statics and dynamics disorders of the locomotor apparatus, such as: basal asymmetries, kyphosis, scoliosis, hyperlordosis and various combinations and complications of the above (kyphoscoliosis, etc.); the unbalanced distribution of body weight on the pelvic bones and on the lower limb (prevention of its associated pathology or amelioration current pathology); muscular and articular rigidity, ligamentous laxity; walking, stability and statics disorders associated with the above and their complications, etc.; back pains;
- Neuralgia and neuromyalgia, regardless of their localization, their functional-anatomic substrate and their cause: rheumatic, neurological, post-traumatic, psychogenic, articular affections, myositis, myofasciitis, myogelosis, cellulitis, neuritis and polyneuritis, musculoskeletal retractions, muscle contractions, muscle atrophies and hypotrophies of various causes (central and periferal, neurological and post-traumatic, post-inflammatory and postinfectious, etc.);
- Affections and disorders of the cardiovascular system, periferal central: lymphatic and venous stasis with peripheral circulatory edema, vascular periferal ischemia in early functional stages, hypertension or high blood pressure in functional stages;
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as: vegetative, constitutional or diet based functional disorders of the intestinal transit (diminished transit, constipation, non- infectious diarrhea); biliary dyskinesia, stress induced pyloric stasis, etc.
- Psychogenic disorders of various aetiologies: multiple forms of asthenic neurosis, spasmophilia, chronic tetany, neurovegetative dystonia;
- Dysmetabolic disorders: obesity, diabetes, gout;
- Gynecological affections: hypotrophy and uterine discharges, ptosis, adhesions and chronic inflammation, etc.
- Preparing the pregnant woman for birth;
- Pediatrics: various anaemia, rickets, hypoanabolic syndromes of various causes;
- Geriatrics: maintenance and stimulation procedures addressing skeletal muscles, joints and diminished metabolism, etc., upon permissive paraclinical explorations (biological, laboratory, etc.).
- Stress induced disorders, such as: insomnia, anxiety, painful muscle tension, chronic physical and psychic fatigue, various neurovegetative disorders, etc. Yumeiho techniques can help prevent the installation of stress induced disorders and diminish or cure the incapacity to relax.
- Sedentariness: its harmful effects can be diminished or even eliminated;
- Sportsman preparation forperformance; recovering the movement and effort capacity in sportsmen;
- Recovery of patients after long immobilization;
- Amelioration, correction and increase of pulmonary ventilation when breathing capacityis diminished due to thorax (chest wall) rigidity (muscle contractures, thoracic vertebral arthrosis, etc.), or inefficient (insufficient) breath.
Besides these more or less precise indications, there are many other cases and situations in which Yumeiho therapy can prove beneficial.
For each indication, particular considerations for a specific case or patient may determine the interdiction ofYumeiho therapy or of some specific techniques and procedures. For example, the sciatic neuralgia is an affection treatable with Yumeiho therapy, unless it is generated by a herniated disk, in which case the vertebral manipulations are forbidden. Even with this specific diagnosis, each case and each patient is a different situation and requires individual evaluation, assessment and indications. Thereupon, it is absolutely necessary that the selection, the evaluation and monitoring of the patients are made by specialist medical doctors.
Only a formal notification of full clinical health allows the use of the integral Yumeiho therapy in safety. The approach should be mostly prophylactic, the therapist correcting those functional disorders and anomalies that create discomfort or that, in long term, can induce pathologic conditions.
WHEN NOT TO USE THE YUMEIHO THERAPY
We have to mention a series of affections for which Yumeiho therapy is not recommended, either at all or only temporary, either on the entire body or only partially:
(Please note that an experienced therapist having serious medical grounds and preparation may approach even the most difficult cases and may obtain satisfactory results).
- Any type of acute intoxication;
- Fever, febrile state (caused by infection or by other conditions);
- Infectious affections of bones and articulations (osteitis, osteomyelitis, arthritis, etc.);
- Medium or advanced osteoporosis – precaution is recommended;
- Tuberculosis (pulmonary, osteoarticular, cutaneous, etc.);
- Thrombophlebitis, phlebothrombosis and arthritis, in acute states (or if complications occur);
- Acute cardiovascular and circulatory disorders and affections: angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, heart rythm disorder, overt and decompensated heart failure, confirmed aneurism, embolism in various locations, high blood pressure in decompensation, etc.;
- Periferral or central atherosclerosis (coronary, cerebral, renal, intestinal etc.);
- Acute pulmonary disorders;
- Acute digestive tract disorders: gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatic diseases and conditions etc.; ulcerative colitis (bleeding ulcer, Crohn’s disease), biliary lithiasis, cholecystitis, gastric and/or duodenal ulcer (treated improperly or in acute spike);
- severe renal disorders (patient on dialysis);
- Blood diseases, especially those with hemorrhagic manifestation or tendency (severe capillary fragility, haemophilia, ongoing anticoagulant treatment, etc.)
- tiredness and severe debility;
- Psychic illnesses of an exciting and confusing nature or alcohol intoxication.
- Severe trauma (bruises, hematoma, muscle or tissue rupture of any kind), unrecovered or poorly recovered fractures (in these cases, therapy may be used only upon clinical confirmation of recovery and professional evaluation of possible sequelae);
- Spinal disc herniation with severe neurological manifestation, spinal dislocations, etc.;
- Cancer, of any kind, in any stage (unless the oncologist recommends differently),
- Hernias of any kind (eventrations, hiatal hernias, etc.);
- Manipulations will not be applied on articulations that were subject to surgery (hip and knee prosthesis, fracture fixation rods, bone grafts etc.) !!!
Yumeiho therapy is to be avoided during menstruation, especially if the menstrual flow is heavy (in cases of hypermenorrhea the therapy is strictly contraindicated!).
Yumeiho therapy is not to be applied earlier than 2-3 hours after regular meals or in the same day after the patient had a heavy meal. It is no recommended to apply the therapy during storms and heavy weather.
Applying the therapy on patients with severe conditions requires the consent of the physicians or of the specialist medical doctors responsible with those patients.